Starfield Combat Skills
Combat Skills are special Starfield Skills that will make you more proficient with various Weapons. Skills in Starfield are divided in Novice, Advanced, Expert and Master Tier! To unlock a skill you will have to spend a skill point. Skill points are rewarded every time you level up. You need to invest a few skill points first before you can unlock higher Tiers of skills. You can also rank up every skill up to Rank 4. To Rank up a skill, you will have to complete a challenge, related to the skill.
Combat Skills List
Combat Skills are focusing on your expertise with various Weapons! Investing in this tree will make you better in combat with weapons. Below you can find all Combat Skills.
|Novice||1. Ballistic weapons do 10% more damage.|
2. Ballistic weapons do 20% more damage.
3. Ballistic weapons do 30% more damage.
4. Ballistic weapons range is increased by 30%.
|Centuries of conflict have proven that when it comes to threat elimination, few things stack up to the reliable power of combustion.|
|Novice||1. Melee weapons do 25% more damage. Take 10% less damage while wielding a melee weapon.|
2. Melee kills make you run 20% faster for 10 seconds.
3. Melee weapons do 50% more damage. Take 15% less damage while wielding melee weapon.
4. Melee kills heal you for 10% of your health.
|Considered by many to be a lost art, close attacks with a melee weapon can often be deadlier than ranged combat when carried out by a skilled practitioner.|
|Novice||1. Laser weapons do 10% more damage.|
2. Laser weapons do 20% more damage.
3. Laser weapons do 30% more damage.
4. Laser weapons have a 5% chance to set a target on fire.
|Personal laser weapons are in widespread use across the Settled Systems, and specialized training can greatly increase their effectiveness.|
|Novice||1. Pistols do 10% more damage.|
2. Pistols do 25% more damage.
3. Pistols do 50% more damage.
4. Pistol kills grant +25% critical hit chance for 5 seconds.
|Considering the popularity of the personal sidearm in the Settled Systems, familiarity with such weapons is often considered essential.|
|Novice||1. Shotguns do 10% more damage.|
2. Shotguns do 20% more damage.
3. Shotguns do 30% more damage.
4. Shotgun kills grant a small chance to stun additional targets with shotguns for a limited time.
|The cornerstone of close quarters combat, or CQC, the shotgun has proven a simple, deadly weapon for hundreds of years.|
|Advanced||1. Throwing grenades now shows a trajectory arc. Explosions have a 25% larger radius.|
2. Explosives do 25% more damage.
3. Reduce damage taken from explosives by 25%.
4. All previous bonuses are doubled.
|With the proper adjustment of chemical mixtures, coupled with modifications to the detonation mechanism, explosives can produce an even greater destructive yield.|
Heavy Weapon Certification
|Advanced||1. Heavy weapons do 10% more damage.|
2. Heavy weapons do 20% more damage.
3. Heavy weapons do 30% more damage.
4. Gain 25% Physical resistance while aiming down sights with a heavy weapon.
|Oversized weapons may prove cumbersome to wield, but their excessive damage output can't be ignored, especially in the hands of a trained combatant.|
|Advanced||1. EM weapons do 5% more damage.|
2. EM weapons do 10% more damage.
3. EM weapons do 15% more damage.
4. EM weapons have a 15% chance to do 300% EM damage.
|EM weapons are generally employed to damage robots, but can also be used to render human beings unconscious.|
|Advanced||1. Particle beam weapons do 10% more damage.|
2. Particle beam weapons do 20% more damage.
3. Particle beam weapons do 30% more damage.
4. Particle beam weapons have +5% crit chance.
|While considered by some to be exotic, particle weapons can be a devastating combat option, subjecting a target to multiple forms of damage.|
|Advanced||1. Rifles do 10% more damage.|
2. Rifles do 20% more damage.
3. Rifles do 30% more damage.
4. Reload rifles 30% faster while you're standing still.
|Whether used for combat, hunting, or some other deadly purpose, the rifle has become a mainstay of Settled Systems weaponry.|
|Expert||1. Increase critical hit chance with non-automatic ranged weapons by 3%.|
2. Increase critical hit chance with non-automatic ranged weapons by 8%.
3. Increase critical hit chance with non-automatic ranged weapons by 15%.
4. Critical hits using a non-automatic ranged weapon without a scope do double damage and those with scopes knock down enemies on the next shot.
|Perhaps no combat scenario is more frightening, or lethal, as a single-shot weapon wielded by someone skilled in critical shot placement.|
|Expert||1. Reload Ballistic weapons 30% faster.|
2. Reload Energy and EM weapons 30% faster.
3. Reload Particle Beam weapons 30% faster. 50% chance to avoid getting interrupted while reloading.
4. Chance on hitting enemies to increase reload speed for all weapons by 50% for 15 seconds.
|In the chaos of combat, the seconds needed to reload your weapon could be the difference between life and death.|
|Expert||1. Scoped weapons are steadier and have less sway.|
2. You can hold your breath longer with scoped weapons.
3. Headshots while aiming with a scoped weapon have a +25% critical hit chance.
4. Scoped weapons do 50% more damage while using the scope.
|Only a trained sniper truly understands all of the elements necessary to patiently and effectively neutralize a target at excessive range.|
|Expert||1. Increased accuracy and range when shooting without aiming. Marks up to one enemy within 25m that damages you.|
2. Notably increased accuracy and range when shooting without aiming. Marks up to two enemies within 50m that damage you.
3. Greatly increased accuracy and range when shooting without aiming. Marks up to three enemies within 75m that damage you.
4. 10% chance to disarm targets hit when shooting without aiming. Marks up to four enemies within 100m that damage you.
|While careful aiming is generally preferred in combat, "shooting from the hip" can prove a fast and deadly alternative with sufficient training.|
|Master||1. Attacks ignore 15% of a target's armor.|
2. Attacks ignore 30% of a target's armor.
3. Attacks Ignore 50% of a target's armor.
4. Enemy armor is decreased by 25% for 6 seconds after a critical hit.
|By identifying gaps or weak points in body armor, an attacker can often gain a tactical advantage in combat.|
|Master||1. Human enemies have a 30% increased chance to enter a downed state after taking enough damage.|
2. Humanoid enemies have a 50% increased chance to not naturally recover from a downed state.
3. Human enemies now can enter a downed state earlier.
4. Previous ranks now apply to all enemy types. You now do 100% more damage to downed enemies.
|Specifically targeting the pressure points and nerves of various limbs can disable an opponent, limiting their combat effectiveness.|
|Master||1. Increase headshot critical damage by 50% with ranged weapons.|
2. Increase critical damage to enemy legs by 50% with ranged weapons.
3. Increase all critical damage to enemies by 50% with ranged weapons.
4. Ranged critical hit kills increase your critical hit chance with all ranged weapons by 25% for 20 seconds.
|For those who specialize in precise targeting that maximizes damage, combat is often a quickly efficient affair.|
The above skills can help you create powerful and unique Builds in Starfield!
Arzyel is a passionate Gamer and fan of the Elder Scrolls Series! A professional Content Creator and owner of the arzyelbuilds.com and arzyelarmory.com websites that are focusing on The Elder Scrolls Online with hundreds of Builds and Guides! Arzyel also publishes videos on his YouTube channel!
Thanks to his experience in Gaming and especially Online Gaming, Arzyel can create practical and effective Builds & Guides, perfect for new and veteran players! You can check his Twitter for his latest content, join his Discord Server and if you wish to find out more you can also check his About Me page.